Sunday 31 August 2014

Week 8: Let's celebrate

I was having coffee in Napoleon St Cottesloe and thought Id go check out the baby shop. I walked in and it was nice, beautiful clothes, toys, wraps everything you would need to clothe your beautiful child. I got to the back of the store and broke down in tears. I quickly ran out - went home and poured a glass of wine. The emotion was too much. I was in the store and buying for ME. Yes thats right ME!! I've been into baby stores several times to buy for friends. I like to buy clothes, wraps, creams, shampoo etc for friends that are having babies. But to be on the other side and buy for me, this I knew was a moment to cherish. I'm glad I didn't buy anything that day, I'm glad that I was emotional. I'm cherishing each and every moment, of this pregnancy with the utmost care and awareness.

So, my husband Sam and I decided that in celebration of the 8 week scan we would go choose the twins outfits together. I couldn't wait for this day to come fast enough. We went back to the store on Napoleon St. Having my husband with me, I felt more relaxed and ready to purchase our babies clothes without breaking down in tears of joy. We spoke to the owner of the shop Ms K and her daughter Ms A.  We told them we were doing surrogacy and that we were expecting twins. oh the joy on their face. complete strangers and they were happy for us (either that or they were happy for double purchases, I like to think it was the first emotion). We said that the twins are fraternal (not identical) we could have 2 boys, 2 girls or 1 boy & 1 girl. We also needed to choose non gender specific clothes. In India it is against the law for doctors to disclose the gender of a growing baby - (to prevent female foeticide) this also goes for international intended parents commonly known as (IP's) undergoing surrogacy.


Sam was amazing! the care and attention he made to selecting the perfect outfits was beautiful to see. A moment I will forever cherish and remember.  We came home with beanies (its going to be very cold in Delhi when we pick them up), booties, and 2 sets of onsies. tiny tiny onsies with pictures of cherubs. My angel cherubs.





Our report from Dr J, showed "two well-defined gestational sacs containing live foetus (HR 164; 168 Bpm) the yolk sacs are normal......corresponds to 8 weeks 1 day" 



No comments:

Post a Comment