Saturday 30 August 2014

We give thanks

I would like to thank some very dear friends who have been so supportive over the past few years, in ways that have resonated with us and that we'll never forget. (apologies for not mentioning all of you, the list is too great - approximately 100 friends  and double with family by our calculations - but don't worry we will be celebrating and publicly recognising your support with you soon)

My dear friend Ms T was amazing. She fell pregnant whilst we were trying, and for her to be so understanding, so supportive, and encouraging was just beautiful. Ms T included me in her pregnancy, kept me up to date, scans, shopping etc. She even let me plan her baby shower. It was a wonderful experience and a time I will always remember. Ms T didn't find it hard to find the words to say, she cried with me, laughed with me in my crazy 2 week wait programs, she was just simply there. I will always feel a special bond with Ms T and her beautiful daughter Miss O.

The triple M's: Mr M, Ms M and Miss M. What a beautiful family and more so with the special edition of Miss E, who arrived into this wonderful world in August 2014. The compassion that you have showed us and encouraging our friendship to grow stronger and stronger week by week you have made our transition to Perth more positive in as much that we couldn't think of living anywhere else.  Your daughter Miss M, is a credit to your parenting style-relaxed, fair and most importantly lots of fun. Miss M is a wonderful girl - polite, funny and very engaging. We love that over the past couple of years you have invited us to her birthday party, invited us to Miss M's dance recital, showed us Miss M's school report. Gave us a tour of her pre-kindy school and something that brought tears to my eyes, watching you both either side of her holding her hands as you walk up the road to her first day at school. (Big Girls School as Miss M likes to call it)

Aunty A, Doc and Mum - for helping me with the injections.  For having warm hands and keeping me distracted and being so gentle when putting in the needle in.

Cousin C once said in this process you really need to give each other a long - very long piece of string, this was the best advise I have ever received in this journey. The advise wasn't about clinics, or different methods or to relax, it was about your relationship with your partner.   To understand that each other wants the same result - baby. To become mum and dad. Such a natural process of life, yet for some of us its not so natural. That imaginary piece of string helped my husband and I to become closer throughout our journey to become parents. The piece of string has become shorter and shorter every day. (I must admit that sometimes it slacked, just a little) but today I can whole heartedly say its short and tight. Thanks to you cousin C! Again, this conversation was over a few cheeky bevies at the pub. Clearly for us the pub is where great ideas are created.

Our parents and family - of course this goes without saying. Both Sam and I are fortunate to have parents who have supported us all through out this journey. They have felt our pain every step of the way. We cry, they cry. For our parents to see their children going through this I think hurts them just as much. They long for us to experience what they had. They know children are a blessing. We can't thank our parents and family enough for all the love, support and encouragement they have given us.
The numerous amounts of chats, phone calls and Skype sessions have been filled with love, laughter, tears and lengthy discussions, without which we wouldn't have been where we are today. Mum, Aai and Baba - You have shown unconditional support and love.


WE GIVE THANKS TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment