Friday 26 December 2014

Week 30: Nursery Creations; Drawers and Celebrations

My beautiful cousin B, came to visit last weekend with some friends in celebration of graduating med ical school. Our first doctor in the family, and I'm sure many more to come. Cousin B is highly intelligent - of course goes without saying she is officially a Doctor, but she is also gorgeous, funny, great sense of humour, and down to earth. cousin B and I decided to put the twins chest of drawers together.

Cousin B took the lead - she is a Doctor after all, and I was her side kick. we laid out all the nuts and bolts, screws etc on a mat - really the instrument table. Cousin B followed the instructions and I passed her the required piece. It was like playing surgery in the nursery with furniture. Great experience, Cousin B was very methodical, very relaxed (mmm no matter what your profession is, it takes great self awareness to be relaxed when putting Ikea flat pack furniture together) and most of all focused. a few hours later and we were done. YAY! no tears, no swearwords, no tantrums, just good old fashion chatting, laughing and hanging out together. Cousin B will be known as Aunty B to our babies, such a delight to be able to tell them their Aunty and I created the drawers for their clothes.





2 comments:

  1. Great to see the nursery coming together looking forward to meeting our new neices/ nephews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this was nearly a month ago! Time has flown by. I had so much fun visiting and helping you to build up the nursery. There is so much love and comfort for the twinnies to come home to :)
    I can't wait for my next visit, when the bubbas can cuddle up to their favourite Aunty and I can deck them out in matching AFL Hawks jerseys (adorable!!!). Love you guys and the newest addition to our family, it's not long now until we can meet them! Xxx

    ReplyDelete